Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.


Messages - Cat

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 19
1
Off-Topic / Re: Campaign #1 - Somewhere on the Sword Coast
« on: August 28, 2026, 05:53:06 am »
"Smith's tools? You're a smith? Yeah, I got those, I'm a blacksmith myself. But they're expensive, sorry! 25gp."
"As for a glaive, nope. We mostly got dwarfs here. Got all sort of war-axes and hammers, but those guys don't use reach weapons. I could make you a custom one, but that would take about a week. Less if you assist me. Will also cost about 25 gp. And don't think about going anywhere else, I'm the last smith left in this town. But hey, i promise I'll teach you a lot, hehe!"
Cat isn't concerned about the price and considers it a good investment.
Nyaa I'll take the smith's tools Nya yes I can do some smithing and carpenter work Nya but I need training Nya! I'd love to make a glaive together with you Nya and learn Nya I hope we have the time Nya Yulya will be able to say Nya!

Wait, don't you need a furnace or something for smithing? What's the heat source? Magic?
Cat's tail whips around as she thinks.
N-Nya I hadn't thought of that Nya...
Linene Nya can I do smithing out in the field with the smith's tools Nya? How does this work Nya?

Will you be able to make magical weapons?
Nyaa no Nya at least not with my current skills Nya. Can you Linene Nya?

Cat is enthusiastic about the topic and tries to squeeze as much information out of Linene as possible.


2
Off-Topic / Re: Campaign #1 - Somewhere on the Sword Coast
« on: August 26, 2026, 09:27:57 am »
What were you even doing in the mine? I thought you went to rescue Gundren? Can you give me a quick summary of what happened there? Did you kill a lot of those bandit assholes? I hope so!
Cat speaks while laying out the loot.
Nyaa not really Nya we killed a druid at the entrance Nya and captured 2 bandits Nya. Let them go after interrogation Nya but I doubt they survived in the snow Nya. In the mine all bandits were dead Nya only bugbears Nya and many monsters Nya...

Cat has to sell:
Warhammer   1   60
Mace   1   25
HeavyCrossbow   2   400
Shortbow   4   400
Shortsword   3   120
Longsword   3   180
Dagger   11   88
DaggerSheath   2   4
Quiver   4   16
LeatherArmor   1   40
HideArmor   1   600
LeatherHighBoots   1   2
LeatherGloves   1   0.8
LinenCloth   2 ?
Fur Lined Jacket   1 ?
SetOfClothes   2 ?
Boots   7 ?

Having secured a lot of money and n prospect of a good deal, Linene is in high spirits.
"Sure thing! What do you need from me this time? My stock is low and my prices are high, no way to deny it. As for tailoring services - any time! "
Cat wants to buy:
Glaive
Smith's Tools

Hey, didn't you wanna buy a reach weapon, Cat? Let's look for one!
Cat leaves business to Yulya and goes to look around with Alice.
Nyaa something like a glaive Nya a slicing reach weapon Nya. The longer the better Nya...

And some smithing tools, right? What can you even do with those? Make your own weapons? If I wasn't in such a bad shape I could make you an exquisite one in a few days! Not magic though...
Cat isn't too sure herself.
Nya I gotta practice Nya but I think i can make and repair most weapons and armor Nya also metal tools Nya. Not top notch quality Nya but usable Nya!



Hmm, I want more ball bearings and caltrops, those were hilarious!
Cat looks at the price tags and whispers to Alice
Nyaa I'm confident I can make caltrops Nya and ball baring Nya from scrap Nya if I got the tools Nya. Things are expensive here Nya! So don't buy anything Nya until I see if I can get the tools Nya!

3
Off-Topic / Re: Campaign #1 - Somewhere on the Sword Coast
« on: August 25, 2026, 07:27:32 am »
Inside Lionshield Coster, Linene greets you cordially, but not without irony
"Oh, our dear adventurers who still owe me 150 for the shield, 375 for the tool kit and 15 for the wool cloak. Good to see you are still alive!  Where's your little miss negotiator?"
Cat feels the situation with Elmina repeats itself. and utters a few sad Nyas while looking at Yulya
Ashley Nya... no longer with us Nya....

"Two things my friends:
1) No more business until you fully pay your debt
2) No more credit. No pay, no items."

With a bright smile, she holds out her hand, demanding the 540 sp you owe her.
[Interactions with Linene required]
Cat jumps in and presents the items for sale
Nyaa look we have a lot of stuff Nya from the bandits Nya weapons armor and clothes Nya! We also want to buy a lot of stuff Nya!



She looks at Yulya
We can afford to pay Yulya Nya having debt is not good Nya!

4
Off-Topic / Re: Campaign #1 - Somewhere on the Sword Coast
« on: August 23, 2026, 09:42:34 am »
Cat's interest in bandit talk is limited. She packs up the acquired goods, expecting someone else to pay for them. The plot of putting her into fine clothes still completely eludes her. Cat briefly notes Yulya's extravagant new outfit but concludes these are spare clothes until her vestment are repaired. To Cat it looks like a temporary inconvenience for Yulya to get over with, not worth a second thought as long it's not her.
Nyaah that looks fancy Yulya Nya! Now Daran can't complain Nya!

She happily moves on to Linene's Lionshiels Coster
Nyaa let's go Nya! I wanna buy a glaive and smith's tools Nya! I hope she buys all our loot Nya...

5
Off-Topic / Re: Campaign #1 - Somewhere on the Sword Coast
« on: August 21, 2026, 10:11:02 am »
Alice smiles proudly as if acquiring the soap was her achievement.
I'm glad we have at least something to sell to you! I actually don't remember where, but we kind of found this! I guess the bandits must have lost it as part of their loot. Do you remember where we got this from, Cat?
Cat pretends to think hard but doesn't
Nyaa I think it was somewhere on the road Nya...

"This is bandit equipment, am I correct? We are not an armory and we cannot afford such trouble. Please take all weapons and armor to Linene Greywind at Lionshield Coster!
Cat is a bit disappointed but nyaas knowingly, remembering Linene.
Nyaa you're right Nya guess we'll go there Nya!
She packs up the loot Elmina and Hobby aren't buying and follows into the store, leaving most of the the talk to Alice.

While walking he speaks with a hushed voice
"Is this really true, my friends? An Ancient Dragon? I've heard stories from Edermath but thought this was just his humor. You really want to tackle such a beast?
Oh the dragon Nya you know we saw it Nya on the high road Nya but it was dark Nya so not a lot of it Nya it ate an oxen Nya! Reeeally huge and frighting Nya! But we were newbies back then Nya we're much stronger now Nyahaha!



"You are lucky, thanks to Miss Summer we just got at least a small variety of spices from Triboar. Not that I could offer anything fancy even if I wanted."
He laughs bitterly and presents a small spice set for 5 sp (enough for 10 meals) and a medium spice set for 10 sp (20 meals)
Nyaa this is more than sufficient Nya I'll take the medium set Nya! That should be enough for a while Nya!

Hobby rummages around in the back of the store and returns with a set of carpenter's tools.
"I normally sell those for 100 sp here and they're in high demand due to the construction and mining going on, but after all you've done and experienced, you can have them for the usual price of 80 sp. Just don't tell Elmina! My apologies, but I don't have smith's tools. You should try your luck at Linene's as well!"
Cat gratefully accepts the kit
Thanks Nya we'll do Nya! Where's Yulya Nya?




6
Off-Topic / Re: Campaign #1 - Somewhere on the Sword Coast
« on: July 26, 2026, 08:36:32 am »
The mules are out in the grass field such as it is, the frost is so thick on it that it looks like a layer of snow, and the frost has touched the mules as well but they don't seem to mind.
Sandra seems standoffish, though it looks like they both recognize you two, Sophia seems to be the only one happy to see you.
They flick their ears at Alice, and then Sophia nuzzles Cat and pokes her pack perhaps looking for a treat. They don't seem to mind that Ashley is missing in terms of how they're acting.
Once they're given the alfalfa, they're much more attentive and excited to see you, obviously looking for more treats. They look to be in good form and spirits otherwise.
Cat pats the mules noses
Nyahaha always after treats - just like Alice Nya! Have you been good girls Nya? I hope you didn't bother Hobby Nya!

Hobby meets you all outside with Elmina.
Elmina begins, after cordial greetings and welcoming you back, she's down to business: "stabling fees will apply from this moment forward. 1 gold a day for the mules, 2sp a day for cart parking and security."
Hobby adds apologetically, "You did get a slight discount thus far and we didn't charge for parking the cart until now but it is fair to say keeping it out of the weather and under my care will guarantee it's in top shape when you need it next. By the way, I did give it a good once over, greased the shafts and took care of a few minor issues free of charge!"
Elmina looks at him with a sour expression then huffs, "And where are the Gundren brothers? I thought you were off to fetch them or rescue them? And we're still stuck with this abominable everwinter, Edermath assured me you were to fix that as well!? We can't afford any more charity without results!" Her mood shifts suddenly and dramatically calmer and kinder, "If it wasn't for that wonderful miss..."she turns to Hobby "does Summer have a surname?"
"Not that I heard, she simply wanted to be called Summer," Hobby says sheepishly.
"Well if it weren't for miss Summer's bravery in getting supplies out of Triboar, we'd be looking at rationing and waiting to starve to death. The bandits haven't let up or the traders still don't trust the road, in any case we've not received any other shipments regardless of the communications we've sent pleading for more!"
Sandra and Sophia both approach her and attempt to nuzzle her to sooth her agitation, she's unable to resist their charms and smiles thinly as she pats them. Then she looks at Yulya with a piercing glance, "If it wasn't for the company you keep I wouldn't know what to think of you at this point!"
Cat mostly ignores the conversation outside of greetings - but the accusations hurled at Yulya don't sit well with her



Nyaa that's not right Nya we fought hard to conquer that mine for Phandalin Nya! And to get rid of that bandits disturbing your trade Nya! And we rescued the girls Nya! Here's our loot we'd like to sell Nya but if you don't want it, I'm sure Harbin will Nya!

Cat lays out the loot:
Warhammer   1   60
Mace   1   25
HeavyCrossbow   2   400
Shortbow   4   400
Shortsword   3   120
Longsword   3   180
Dagger   11   88
DaggerSheath   2   4
Quiver   4   16
LeatherArmor   1   40
HideArmor   1   600
LeatherHighBoots   1   2
LeatherGloves   1   0.8
WildDogPelt   4   24
WildDogPeltPatched   1   2.5
Waterskin   5   8
OliveSoap   4   20


And here's more stuff Nya name what it's worth to you Nya!
LinenCloth   2
Fur Lined Jacket   1
SetOfClothes   2
Boots   7
Flint   1
RoughAmethyst   


Nya if you have it Nya I'd like:
Smith's Tools
Carpenter's Tools
Spices for cooking, nothing fancy Nya!

Cat gently - but with no chance to escape - holds Yulya by the arm and pushes her in front for negotiations.


7
Off-Topic / Re: Campaign #1 - Somewhere on the Sword Coast
« on: July 24, 2026, 09:19:07 am »
Cat storms ahead to greet the Mules
Sandra Nya and Sophia Nya! Have you been bored Nya? Sorry it's still so cold outside Nya not a good place to be Nya!

Caaat? What about the mules? Will we bring them up the mountain? I wonder if Summer can teleport us there like Mormesk!
Cat scratches her head and shrugs

Nyaa no idea Nya I don't even know where we are going Nya we gotta strategize with Summer Nya and Daran Nya! Daran's been there Nya he should know if we can bring Mules Nya! Didn't Summer say she'll hire porters Nya?

8
Off-Topic / Re: Campaign #1 - Somewhere on the Sword Coast
« on: July 21, 2026, 10:19:53 am »
With her questions about Alric being completely ignored by Daran, Cat has zoned out during the conversation and jumps up, now that it's finally over.
Nya!
Mr. Stonehill Nya what's the time Nya? Do we still have time to go to Hobby Nya?

9
Off-Topic / Re: Campaign #1 - Somewhere on the Sword Coast
« on: July 18, 2026, 05:24:47 am »
Cat Nyaas a lot during Yulya's recapitulation of the story. She only has to add:
Nyaa that druid from Triboar Nya what was his name again Nya? Alric Nya! Do you now him perhaps Nya? And what about the girls Nya? Why were they brought there Nya? Nezzer was weak Nyahaha I easily defeated him Nya so easily it was odd Nya. How was he the leader with such poor powers Nya?

Cat happily munches on the muffins while talking, mostly to herself.
This is excellent Nya!


10
Off-Topic / Re: Campaign #1 - Somewhere on the Sword Coast
« on: July 17, 2026, 07:33:41 am »
After collecting yourselves and your things, you head downstairs through the tavern hall and Toblen, looking very tired, notes you coming down the stairs and directs your attention to Daren, sitting at a table, nursing a warm cup of tea, presumably from his own reserve.
"He insisted on seeing you before you leave, he's been here since dawn."

Daren notices your arrival and hails you to join him for tea and apple muffins bursting from a large basket on an adjacent chair.
Cat sniffs the scent of apple muffins
Nyaa it's Daran Nya!



Cat whispers to Yulya
Nya he's kid of important right Nya? We can go to Hobby and Harbin after breakfast Nya!

11
Off-Topic / Re: Campaign #1 - Somewhere on the Sword Coast
« on: July 15, 2026, 06:48:09 am »
After a refreshing Night, Cat suggests to go to Hobby first.

Nyaa I will look after the mules Nya and our cart Nya and move the loot Nya! I guess you don't need me at that noble Nya! We'll meet at the inn at 9 for breakfast Nya!

Cat is not unhappy to spend her time with mules rather than nobles though she acknowledges Harbin has helped a lot.

12
Off-Topic / Re: Campaign #1 - Somewhere on the Sword Coast
« on: July 14, 2026, 06:26:04 am »
Cat skillfully nibbles down her snake and downs the ale
Oh Hi Summer Nya! See you tomorrow Nya!


13
Off-Topic / Re: Campaign #1 - Somewhere on the Sword Coast
« on: July 13, 2026, 07:36:27 am »
"Sure do, that and I'll get you some Samman Ale."
Nyhaha snake and samman ale it is Nya!
There really were crazy monsters in the mine Nya a blue ghost Nya and a green round thing with many eyes Nya with flaming skulls Nya and lots of bugbears Nya and fume drakes Nya and walking mushrooms Nya ghouls Nya a huge acidic ooze Nya and a giant snake and octopus Nya! Oh and bulettes Nya those land sharks Nya nasty creatures Nya, Nya!
Cat gesticulates wildly, trying to imitate each of the monsters.


She glances over to the partying dwarves.
Nyaah, there are still some monsters left Nya and the bandits might return Nya I wonder if the dwarves will be alright Nya?

14
Off-Topic / Re: Campaign #1 - Somewhere on the Sword Coast
« on: July 12, 2026, 11:59:21 am »
Cat is glad she doesn't have to eavesdrop and has time to relax
Nyaaah finally we're back Nya!
Ale and meat please Mr. Stonehill Nya do you still have grilled snake Nya?


15
Off-Topic / Re: Campaign #1 - Somewhere on the Sword Coast
« on: July 10, 2026, 05:34:31 am »
Hobby agrees to Cat and Yulya's requests; supplies are unloaded, then the girls lead Cat and Yulya to their respective homes with respective gushy, touching, and emotionally charged reunions. The respective parents are respectively appreciative and respectfully offer respectable offerings that will, respectively, bankrupt the struggling families if you accept them out of respect.
Cat lets out a series of respectfully declining but authoritative  Nyaas.
Nyaa I'm a Folk Hero Nya I'd never accept anything valuable for saving the innocent Nya! And this wasn't a quest Nya so it's fine Nya! We just found them Nya!


Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 19